Saturday, April 26, 2014

Cambodia - Phnom Penh (Royal Palace & Silver Pagoda / Wat Phnom / Toul Sleng Genocide Museum)

Continuance....

Day 2 in Phnom Penh
Part 1

My breakfast :)

Us with the Cambodia's COURT in Phnom Penh.


Royal Palace & Silver Pagoda

Entrance to the Royal Palace.

The Silver Pagoda is located inside the Royal Palace.
The entrance fee is 6.50USD per person.



Jumping shot is a must for me, especially when I'm on a vacation :D
Silver Pagoda as the background this time.


Do you know that all of the tiles inside Silver Pagoda were made out of pure silver?
Well that is why it's called the Silver Pagoda, duhh!


I was told by our personal tour guide that there are seven different outfits for each day. As you can see, Monday is red, Tuesday will be in orange, Wednesday in purple.... and so on so forth.

But no black. That's the color of darkness or evil or bad feng shui :P

This thing is called Stupa.
A place where the royal families ashes being buried deep inside.

Amirul blending in with the Khmer.


I was also informed that the current King of Cambodia is still single.
hehehehehehe.

Want to find a rich husband? Well maybe this is your chance!


Wat Phnom

So let me tell you why does the capital city of Cambodia is known as Phnom Penh.
First of all, Phnom means Hill.

Once upon a time, there was a lady by the name of Penh who found four bronze Buddha statue inside a tree trunk. She then, place the Buddha statue around her housing area. Lady Penh lives on the hill and because of that, they name the capital city as Phnom Penh - Penh's Hill.

End of history class kids. Pack up your brains.


1USD per visit.
Only applicable to foreigners.


Being photobomb by idiotic Amirul!

Photobombing one person is not enough. Hence he did it again.


LOL!

Still... you can see stupid Amirul's back in this photo.
Oh whyyy laaaa Amirul???
Dengki betul.

Our tour guide who looks like - Amirul.


A statue representing lady Penh.



Toul Sleng Genocide Museum

This place is one of the creepiest place you'll ever come across in Cambodia.

It was actually a school which was being transformed into a prison by their ex-leader called Pol Pot.
One of the psychotic, heartless, power crazy leader in the world.

Cambodia used to be a wealthy country. Until one day, one crazy leader who destroyed the entire place and made everyone suffer.

Pol Pot turned this school in to a prison mainly for the purpose of interrogation, torture, detention and of course killing all the prisoners after getting the confession of the detainees.

It doesn't matter what you answer, because at the end of the day you will still ended up dying.
That's how brutal Pol Pot was.


I had chills down my spine when I entered the building.

Electrocuted barb wires all over the building to avoid detainees from suicidal.
So that, they can kill them instead -______-


The reason why Pol Pot did this was because he thought that there were spies between all these Khmer who will bring him down one day. Therefore, to avoid this, he caught every single suspect and terminate them before shit happens to him.


Pictures of the unfortunate detainees.


Besides being an animal, Pol Pot does have a HOBBY!
Who would have thought that such ruthless person to actually have a hobby right?
Well his hobby is that, he loves to take every victim's photo before killing them. Wanted to keep in his photo collection kononnya.

Instead of killing men, he also killed innocent women and children. The estimated figure of skulls were about 20k. Which means he killed around 20k people!


And there's one particular story which I couldn't get it out of my mind until today was that, one unfortunate lady whom after being interrogated, they then cut off her nipple. As if that is not bad enough, they took out a centipede and put it inside her nipple.
O_______O
Mindfuckkkeedddd!

One of the reason why I don't really like to visit museums.
Unfortunately the boyfriend is such a history lover. Terpaksa lahhh ikut :(

I would prefer shopping malls and beaches over museums of course, if you would ask. Hehe.


One of the lucky survivors - Chum Mey's personal room.

That's the prisoner's dorm. Super tiny space fit for one person with limited movements.



After feeding our brains with all those brutal histories, then it was time to feed our tummy :D



It's quite difficult to find halal food in Cambodia.
But you can opt for vegetarian food.
Or you can just bring your own instant noodles. In that way, you can also save on food.
Because the food there is super expensive!

I bought a pack of cookie with a box of muffin which will only cost me about RM3-4 in Malaysia, but it cost me around RM10 there. Sigh.

All of these were mine. Yeap I am that greedy.

When a Malaysian meets Buffet.
This is what you'll get :D
Ended up I couldn't finish everything.
hahahahaha!
Then, I forced Mark to eat my food because tak baik bazir makanan. But he didn't listened to me :(
Bad kitty!
Oh well.... so there goes the food.

Yes I know I shouldn't be that greedy. I promise I won't be the typical Malaysian when I see free food or Eat-All-You-Can next time. I.Swear.To.God.

Amirul wasn't in the picture because he went for his THIRD ROUND. 
Tskkk! Diet la woii!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...